Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Color Words {FREEBIE}

Hey there folks!

I know many of you are either beginning school or getting ready. Good luck to you! I have to say... I'm a little jealous. As much as I am enjoying the time off and the chance to unpack and set up my new house at my leisure, I'm starting to feel the itch to set up a classroom and get ready myself. Unfortunately for me, I haven't yet gotten a job in my new state. My fingers are crossed that something happens for me this month!

Anyway, as I was unpacking clothes and organizing my closet, I was thinking about school. I was remembering how last year at this time I was in a little panic thinking about how I was going to teach 1st grade for the first time ever. I didn't have very much, and there weren't any teacher stores to walk around in and get inspiration. I was super excited but had no idea where to begin. So, I began reading blogs, searching Pinterest, and creating.

One of the first things I made was color word names. Throughout the year I realized this was one of the best resources I had in my classroom. My little kiddos used them A LOT.

Here is kind of what they looked like displayed in my room. It's not the best picture because it wasn't originally intended to be a picture of the color words. You get the idea though, right?
I printed and laminated them, then cut them out individually. These were great to have during reading and writing. I loved them because they were so useful and really helped the kiddos to be independent.

So, with the beginning of the school year here, or around the bend, I wanted to share them with you. I did add words with  black background too. If you download the PDF, both styles are included and you can choose which set to print. The colors included are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, brown, black, pink, and white.

Color words with white background.
Color words with black background.
Click {HERE} to take you to the Color Words download in my TpT shop. FYI - I also made them with all lowercase letters, too. They are included in the same download so that you can decide which you like best.

Happy BACK-TO-SCHOOL!

Best Wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment